At Cats Protection we help thousands of cats each year thanks to our dedicated and passionate volunteer groups and teams, all of which help our feline friends in a different ways. They take in stray and abandoned cats and ensure they receive the veterinary care and attention they deserve, help raise funds, promote neutering and help spread cat welfare messages. Our volunteer treasurers maintain the finances of local groups and teams, ensuring they hold the funds needed to continue their vital work. Cats Protection relies solely on donations from generous members of the public, and our volunteer treasurers help make sure these funds are spent in the most effective way.
What can you expect to be doing?
● Preparing budgets
● Keeping accurate financial records
● Reporting financial records via ‘Cashlog’ (Cats Protection supplied software)
● Paying invoices and volunteer expenses
● Being part of a team which ensures there are sufficient funds to meet expenditure
● Updating and advising others on income received, expenditure and available funds
● Managing and monitoring donations made to the group
● Following financial procedures e.g. Gift Aid returns and VAT claims