- Work with the board and chief executive to ensure the financial viability and sustainable development of the organisation.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Support the Chief Executive on strategic financial planning, financial risk assessment and management.
- Oversee the preparation of budgets.
- Oversee the preparation of the quarterly management accounts for the quarterly trustee meetings and present the reports at these meetings.
- Work with the Chief Executive to support the preparation of the annual accounts. Appoint and liaise with the Independent Examiners to ensure the accounts are compliant and completed in a timely manner. Present the final accounts at the AGM.
- Oversee the financial administration of Equally Ours, ensuring proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Provide practical guidance on issues such as HMRC, NI and pensions.
- Make fellow board members aware of their financial obligations and take a lead in interpreting financial data to them. Advise the chief executive and fellow trustees on relevant developments.
- Appraise the financial viability of plans, proposals and feasibility studies.
- Knowledge and experience of current fundraising and finance practice relevant to voluntary and community organisations.
- Excellent knowledge of bookkeeping and financial management.
- Understanding of the kind and level of financial information needed at board level to support decision making.
- Good financial analysis skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to think strategically, and support sustainable growth.
- A good understanding of risk management with a balanced approach.
- Commitment to equality, human rights and social justice.
- Ability to commit the time required to fulfil the responsibilities described.
- Previous board experience.
Equally Ours, Charity no: 1135357
Please send a statement of 2 pages of A4 setting out why you would like to be the treasurer and how you meet the requirements of the role and person specification, and your CV (including two referees) to Kamille Leon, Office and Resources Manager, by noon on 11 June. If you have any access requirements please let Kamille know.
If you would like an informal conversation to find out more before applying, please contact Ali Harris, Chief Executive, email@example.com.
Interviews will be held by zoom on Tuesday 22 June.