Helping to deliver projects and workshops for young people in schools ensuring they have the space and time they need to feel listened to and connected with the projects and their school community. You would be available for 20-25 hours per week across the 2021-2022 academic year.
- Being accountable for some aspects of the project delivery, in partnership with the Operations Manager.
- Some reporting and documenting of projects
- Being aware of and adhering to the relevant policies such as Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Privacy both for yourself, and the staff and volunteers working with you
- Behaving professionally at all times.
- Assisting with compiling project manuals/toolkits
- Writing up reviews and feedback
- Managing resources
You will be a self-starter and a team player, able to self-motivate and get your hands dirty. No two days at Soulscape are ever the same and you will be working in a small team A flexible approach to your work, comfortable with change and progress, above all, you will be a people person who values young people.
You will be comfortable in presenting to or communicating with individuals, small groups or large audiences; primarily teenagers and school staff.
You will exude confidence: in yourself, your work and Soulscape. You will be a natural communicator, networker and invigorator. You will be a problem solver, with a can-do attitude and a sense of humour
We make a real lasting difference with our projects. You will have the opportunity to empower young people and volunteers and develop their skills. You will make a significant contribution to improving the lives of the young people in our area. This will also be a real opportunity to use your skills and develop new ones, and expand your knowledge. You will meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team, as well as leading others.
The hours could be shared by more than one volunteer, we are hoping for at least a terms commitment.