Cat Welfare Team Leader Volunteer - Hastings
Without the passionate and committed teams of volunteers across Cats Protection we wouldn’t be able to help the thousands of cats and kittens each year that rely on us for help. Our Cat Welfare Team Leaders have the important role of coordinating, encouraging and supporting teams of fosterer volunteers and cat care volunteers. They help make sure volunteers with direct cat care roles are happy and confident and provide advice and guidance when needed. This incredible teamwork means we are able to help more cats and kittens in need.
As a Cat Welfare Team Leader Volunteer, you can expect to be:
- Volunteering alongside colleagues including the Branch Coordinator, Cat Welfare team, Branch Development Manager and Vet team to ensure that CP cat care policies, procedures and standards are applied in branch
- Support fosterers to follow Cats Protection cat welfare policies and procedures
- Acting as the main point of contact within the branch for cat welfare and ensuring that welfare updates are shared and implemented effectively
- Supporting the branch by ensuring that accurate and up to date records of all cats helped are maintained, using specified Cats Protection systems
- Attending relevant Cats Protection volunteer training sessions and encouraging other volunteers to do likewise
- With the other volunteers, recruit, induct and support all branch fosterers and cat care volunteers using Cats Protection processes
- Represent the branch at relevant meetings
- Play an active part in the branch committee, being part of the branch team leading on cat adoption information and updates
- Collaborating with the Cats Protection Cat Adoption Team Leader to ensure the highest standards of cat care are applied in line with Cats Protection policy and procedures.
- Please note: A full UK driving licence will be needed for this role as you will be required to travel to fosterers and deliver equipment and resources as necessary.