Family Event Volunteer
Family Event Volunteer
RHS Garden Wisley, Woking GU23 6QB
What will a Family Event Volunteer do?
You will support the events team during school holidays in delivering excellent events, drop in workshops, and help with admin tasks.
To support with the running of events and workshops on every day of the week (including Saturday and Sunday) during school holidays.
- To support preparation of event by preparing resources on Monday to Friday in term time
- To assist staff with the set-up, tidy up and break down of the workshops or event delivery
- Support visitors with their visit by explaining what each activity is, helping families with activities and guiding visitors with orientation of site and facilities
- Volunteer in the Events office helping with the preparation for family events and administration tasks
- Becoming familiar with, and then following, RHS Health and Safety Policy at all times, as well as any Covid-19 restrictions
- To be an ambassador for the RHS and the work of the Events team
- This role will suit people who…
- Enjoy working with children and their responsible adults
- Good at working in a team and using own initiative
- An interest for horticulture and gardening
- To have a can-do attitude and a flexible approach
- Good communication skills when dealing with all ages and abilities
- Good customer service skills
- Computer literate
What’s in it for you?
- You will be able to learn new skills and develop
- Being part of the amazing RHS Wisley team delivering excellent activities for families to enjoy
- We are looking for volunteers to work on a weekday and/or a weekend supporting 09.30am to 4.30pm with a lunch break.
- For preparation days, these are usually 10.00am to 3.00pm with a lunch break and during term time.
- To fulfil our needs in the Events team we ask for a commitment from our volunteers of two days a month
- You will receive a Volunteer Handbook, uniform, ID, Health & Safety training, Safeguarding training and other relevant training appropriate to the activities you will be undertaking.
- You can claim back out-of-pocket transport expenses up to a max £15 (round trip) for public transport, or a 30 mile round trip at 45p per mile per volunteering day.
- This role is expected to be for a period of two years and then will be reviewed
To apply please visit our website via the link.