4 days left
- Long Term
UK Men’s Sheds Association have a vacancy for a volunteer Treasurer to oversee
the financial affairs of the charity. You will deal with relevant third parties and
ensure the board of trustees receive regular and relevant reports.
UK Men’s Sheds Association is the national support body for over 600 Men’s Sheds in the UK. We offer support and advice to new and existing groups on a wide range of subjects. We currently have 7 Trustees, 4 employees and 37 Volunteer Ambassadors. We are supported by Charitable Trusts and Foundations with additional income from membership fees and public donations. Based on confirmed results so far this year we expect our income for 2020/21 be at about £250,000 with reserves by 31/03/21 approaching £350,000.
This is an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified or experienced individual to play an important and rewarding part in a small but fast-growing national charity. We are looking for a Treasurer who can communicate what has happened, forecast where we are heading and offer advice and suggestions.
We are looking for someone with a relevant professional qualification, we will consider applications from someone with experience in accruals accounting for charities.
Our records are in excellent order, all accounts are fully reconciled and balanced. The new Treasurer will be responsible for ensuring our books continue to be maintained at a high standard.
We would like our new Treasurer in post for the start of the next financial year commencing 1st April 2021. You will be expected to prepare and finalise our 2020/21 accounts and thereafter assume responsibility for monitoring all financial matters on behalf of the board.
To apply please send your curriculum vitae with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
UK Men’s Sheds Association kindly ask that agencies do not contact us.
Role Title: Treasurer (Volunteer)
Location: Home working, with some travel and occasional overnight stays
Key Contacts: Chair, Chief Officer and Trustees
Closing Date: 5th March, 2021
To oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- To act as a Trustee of the UK Men’s Sheds Association and to perform the duties and responsibilities associated with that role.
- Monitoring the financial administration of the charity and reporting to the Board of Trustees, in compliance with the constitution
- Overseeing the charity’s financial administration and risk-management process
- Supporting payments including payroll when required.
- Board-level liaison with independent examiner for the preparation of accounts
- Overseeing and developing the internal management accounts, controls and annual financial statements to the Board of Trustees
- Promote best value for the charity
- Lead the Finance subcommittee
- Overseeing the implementation of and monitoring financial systems
- Work with the Chief Officer to develop short-, medium- and long-term projections
Equality, diversity, and equal opportunities
UK Men’s Sheds Association is fully committed to and promotes equality and diversity in all aspects of the organisation and its work.
As part of their engagement Trustees are expected to understand, comply with and promote the UK Men’s Sheds Association’s Equal Opportunities policy.
Apply for Treasurer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly