Forest Liaison & On-site Event Coordinator
Bark in the Dark – Forest Liaison & On-site Event Coordinator
Sick, injured and homeless pets have relied on Blue Cross for help since 1897. Each year, thousands of dogs, cats, small pets and horses turn to the charity’s animal hospitals, clinics and rehoming services for treatment and support.
Our spooktacular Bark in the Dark events will be taking place at four different Forestry England sites during October in Nottinghamshire, Norfolk, Hampshire and Gloucestershire. Acting as our Forest Liaison & Event Coordinator at one of these sites, you’ll be responsible for organising the smooth-running of our Halloween-themed event.
We would love you to join us and help us help more pets in need
If you’re crazy for ghouls and ghosts and have a fondness for our four-legged friends, we’d really appreciate your support in making this year’s Bark in the Dark events even more pawsome. Blue Cross is looking for reliable and friendly volunteers to help plan and run the events. So, if you’re a good communicator, a people (and doggy) person and a stickler for the finer details, we’d love to have you on board.
Here’s what we’d need you to do:
- Lead all communications with the Forestry England Site
- Carry out risk assessments
- Complete all official event paperwork
- Organise and attend regular meetings with the Forestry England contact at the site
- Organise route plans
- Source and recruit a variety of stall holders
- Source and recruit a variety of equipment, decorations and entertainers
- Attend on the night and assist the Blue Cross Event/Project Manager in coordinating the event
We’d love to hear from you if you’re…
- A great project manager (who considers every last detail)
- A good communicator (both in writing and in person)
- An IT and social media wizard
- Friendly and approachable
- Happy to work alone, or with others
- Willing to learn about the work of Blue Cross
All you need is:
- Access to a computer (and the internet)
- An ability to use video conferencing tools (Skype/Zoom)
- Access and an ability to use WhatsApp
- You’ll be joining a great team of like-minded people
- You’ll gain practical skills and experience
- It’ll bring a little sparkle to your CV
- You’ll be spreading trick-or-treat cheer, having fun and getting involved with your community
- And of course, you’ll be helping pets to have happy, healthy lives
How much time will you need to commit?
We’re flexible – although you MUST be available on the date of the event and attend in person.
We’d love you to join us. If you’d like to apply, or have any questions, feel free to email us on email@example.com