Fundraising Team Leader Teignbridge & Totnes
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs. Cats are at the centre of everything we do and our objectives are: homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care. We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, staff and supporters.
A bit about this role
As a charity we are able to help thousands of cats each year thanks to the generous donations we receive from members of the public. Our fundraising team leaders have the exciting and varied role of inspiring our fundraising volunteers to plan and deliver local fundraising events. Using their passion and imagination, they oversee a small team of fundraising volunteers who come together to raise the vital funds needed to cover costs such as veterinary bills and food. Our fundraising team leaders support their team of volunteers in all aspects of their roles, making sure our volunteers are happy, confident and supported.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Supporting and encouraging a team of fundraising volunteers
- Planning fundraising events and activities with your team
- Allocating tasks before and during fundraising events
- Keeping financial records from fundraising events
- Encouraging and promoting a professional image of Cats Protection
- Following policies and guidelines and ensuring licences and permits are obtained for events
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping raise funds and awareness through organising local events. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Great people skills and the ability to bring out the best in others
- Excellent organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise and delegate
- An appreciation of the importance of handling money and charity resources responsibly
- Fine-tuned communication skills and a passion for engaging with people within your local community
Our fundraising team leaders usually spend three to four hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face-to-face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Please be aware you may not be able to commence all aspects of the volunteer role due to COVID 19 restrictions.