Fundraising Group Volunteer
Fundraising Group Volunteer
We need your help! Our client is looking to expand their network of Fundraising Groups across the UK and need enthusiastic volunteers to help set up a new Fundraising Group in the Cardiff area.
Time: Fundraising Group volunteering can fit around your existing commitments and members can volunteer as little or as much time as you like. Fundraising Group meetings take place approximately every six to eight weeks, which we ask all members to try to attend.
Fundraising Groups are so important and setting one up can be a hugely rewarding experience, raising vital funds for dementia research and bringing awareness of this heartbreaking disease to your local communities. The charity is facing a predicted 45% drop in income due to COVID-19, affecting their ability to fund new research this year – that’s why we need your support more than ever before.
There are different roles available within a Fundraising Group to suit everyone, including Chair, Treasurer, Secretary, Press Lead and Events Lead, or you may just want to support the group by being a member of the wider team - it’s up to you! Either way, you’ll be fully supported by the Regional Fundraising Officer for your area. You’ll enjoy new experiences, have fun and make new friends along the way!
As part of the Fundraising Group you will:
- Organise and host your own events such as quiz nights, sponsored walks, afternoon teas or race nights.
- Support the charity at local bucket collections and manning stands at local events.
- Represent the charity at local community club and business cheque presentations and events.
- Spread the word in your local area through speaking to the local media and delivering talks.
By volunteering as a Fundraising Group Volunteer you’ll be part of a worldwide movement to defeat dementia. You will also benefit from:
- The opportunity to meet new people in your community.
- Gaining new volunteering experiences.
- Opportunities to build your CV with a host of different skills dependent on your interests including event planning, administration duties and public speaking.
- All fundraising materials will be provided
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
You do not need to have previous volunteering experience, ideally you will bring with you the following skills:
- Passionate about making breakthroughs possible in dementia research
- A willingness to get stuck in, volunteering alongside others as part of a team.
- An enthusiasm to encourage your local community to rally round and support the charity
- Great organisational skills to help set up and host successful fundraising events.
If this sounds like you and you’re looking for an opportunity that is fun and rewarding, then apply today!