Campaigns and Social Media Volunteer - based in Wales
We are looking for an enthusiastic Campaigns and Social Media Volunteer. This is an exciting new position, with a real opportunity to make a difference. You will play a key role in our campaigning work in Wales. You will help us raise awareness, influence key decision makers and take action on behalf of people affected by endometriosis in Wales.
What will the role require me to do?
- Helping grow Endometriosis UK’s presence in Wales by lobbying local politicians, working with the local media and raising awareness on social media
- Using social media to promote the activities and achievements of Support Groups in Wales and national Endometriosis UK activity
- Inspiring others in Wales to share their experiences and get involved with Endometriosis UK
- Supporting and raising awareness of our national campaigns, and encouraging users to share them with others
- Act in line with our communications and social media guidelines
You will get invaluable experience of campaigns and communications within a national charity, opportunities to develop key skills, all whilst making an incredible difference.
What skills and experience are required?
No qualifications are needed for this role, but access to a computer and the internet is essential.
- Building and maintaining relationships with people from all professional levels and different backgrounds
- Able to speak confidently in public and when explaining Endometriosis, a complex disease, in simple terms
- Excellent written communication
- Highly organised and reliable
- Basic social media skills
- Leadership and self-motivation
- Experience of endometriosis
- Experience working in Campaigns and Communication
Time and Location
2 hours per week on average
March is Endometriosis Awareness Month and therefore our busiest month. You must be available during March and volunteering hours are likely to increase around this time.
You will need to be based in Wales. This is a remote working role. Occasionally, you’ll travel to local events.
You will receive an induction and training to ensure you have the necessary skills to do your role.
Apply for Campaigns and Social Media Volunteer - based in Wales
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly