Play for Progress taps into the healing power of music, the arts, play, and creative therapies to build healthy and resilient relationships which nourish, support, and amplify the voices of unaccompanied minor refugees and asylum-seekers. Our weekly programmes guarantee that these vulnerable young people can rely on a close-knit community of allies who use the arts as a tool for social change, self-expression, team building and personal development.
We’re a young charity with some big ideas. We’re looking to strengthen our organisation so we can continue to provide much-needed consistency and long-term support to our community. We have responded quickly to the new challenges of Covid-19 and are now looking ahead, developing a new strategy and working to secure new multi-year funding.
We’re looking for committed and connected people to help us in the next stage of our journey. We need people to support us with:
- Securing funding and identifying potential new financial support
- Spreading the word about our work and advocating for young refugee rights
- Ensuring we’re delivering our work to the highest standards
We’re looking for people from a range of backgrounds to contribute to creating a diverse Board with a broad range of skills and experiences. Ideally you would have:
- Experience in fundraising, advocacy or campaigning
- Teamwork and creative problem-solving skills
- An understanding of the refugee situation, particularly for unaccompanied minors
- An understanding of the charity sector and the role of a Trustee
Being a Trustee is voluntary but we can cover your expenses getting to and from meetings. We currently meet on Zoom once a month, and you should be ready to commit around one day a month in total for the role.