Volunteer Cat Fosterer
Across Cats Protection there are thousands of cats and kittens needing temporary homes until they find their forever families. Many of our feline friends are cared for by volunteer fosterers in their homes or in purpose built pens in their gardens. Most of our volunteer fosterers care for one or two cats at a time, which makes a huge difference and gives these cats a second chance at a happy life. They provide vital hands on care and accommodation to stray, abandoned or injured cats and are part of a dedicated team of volunteers committed to finding new homes for cats in need.
As a volunteer fosterer, you can expect to be:-
● Meeting the needs of the cats in your care
● Maintaining minimum veterinary and cat care standards
● Cleaning and looking after the cats environment and equipment
● Feeding, grooming and administering medication (such as flea and worm treatments)
● Spending time enriching the cats experience in care including; play, exercise and stroking