A bit about this role
Across Cats Protection there are thousands of cats and kittens needing temporary homes until they find their forever families. Many of our feline friends are cared for by volunteer fosterers in their homes or in purpose built pens in their gardens. Most of our volunteer fosterers care for one or two cats at a time, which makes a huge difference and gives these cats a second chance at a happy life. They provide vital hands on care and accommodation to stray, abandoned or injured cats and are part of a dedicated team of volunteers committed to finding new homes for cats in need.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Meeting the needs of the cats in your care
- Maintaining minimum veterinary and cat care standards
- Cleaning and looking after the cats environment and equipment
- Feeding, grooming and administering medication (such as flea and worm treatments)
- Spending time enriching the cats experience in care including; play, exercise and stroking
- This role will be dedicated to fostering kittens and handrearing.
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in need by caring for them before they find new loving homes. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- An appreciation of cat and hygiene standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Patience, perseverance and empathy
- Willingness to be part of a team
Our volunteer fosterers usually spend 3 to 5 hours per day in this role, but this might vary depending on the number of cats in care.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Apply for Fosterer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly