Fundraising Representative South Gloucestershire
This role will be based out in the community (South Gloucestershire) and is a very flexible role based on your availability and interests. Specific details will be discussed when you first meet with us.
How does the role make a difference?
Regional fundraising is at the very centre of how we raise vital funds at a local level. The money we raise funds the delivery of universal services that include our website and National Dementia Helpline, as well as the services we provide locally such as dementia cafes and Singing for the Brain®. It also helps to fund research into care for today and a cure for tomorrow, and our campaigning work.
What will I be doing?
This role will provide support to the Community Fundraiser in your area, attending cheque presentations, giving talks about the work of Alzheimer’s Society and attending events as a representative of Alzheimer’s Society.
This is an ideal role for someone who has excellent communication skills and is confident in giving talks, is approachable and is willing to learn about dementia and Alzheimer’s Society.
- Engaging with our supporters
- Attending cheque presentations on behalf of Alzheimer’s Society
- Giving talks to a range of community groups about the work that we do.
- Participating in external events to raise awareness of Alzheimer’s society
Providing support to those fundraising in aid of us, to be discussed with Community Fundraiser on a case-by-case basis.
What do I have to do before I can start?
Before you start, you will need to complete a registration form and provide two references.
The Community Fundraiser for your area will then be in touch to discuss the role and which tasks would be suitable for you.
How will I be supported during my volunteering?
You will receive training to start your role and will have a dedicated role manager to support you. We will reimburse reasonable lunch and travel expenses.
Responsible to/local support:
Your local Community Fundraiser.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain new skills
- Make new friends
- References for future employers
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities including e-learning and face to face training
- Opportunity to become a Dementia Friend
- Opportunity to support the work of Alzheimer’s Society
- Peer to peer support at Volunteer Engagement Network events
Apply for Fundraising Representative South Gloucestershire
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly