"People Person" Shop Volunteer
A bit about this role
Our Cats Protection shops play a key part in helping raise the funds needed to help the thousands of cats and kittens each year. Our ‘people person’ shop volunteers help make our shops welcoming and enjoyable places for customers to visit. They are part of a passionate retail team that make sure our shops are enjoyable places for customers to visit, leading to repeat custom and vital funds being raised to help our feline friends in need.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Taking a lead role in promoting customer care
- Being part of a team that creates a friendly shop atmosphere
- Welcoming customers and helping them with queries
- Serving customers at the till
- Sharing your passion for cat welfare
- Promoting the work of Cats Protection
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by creating a friendly and supportive atmosphere in our shops and helping raise funds to help cats and kittens in need. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- A friendly and outgoing personality
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Previous experience in retail (would be an advantage but isn’t essential)
Our ‘people person’ volunteers usually spend 1 to 2 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.