Activity Assistant and Befriender
Our Islington scheme houses 6 people with learning disabilities supported in 2 houses a short walk from each other.
The people we support in this scheme are predominantly older in age, with one person who is slightly younger. All persons have capacity and communicate very well. They enjoy activities and enjoy being supported by enthusiastic, active and interested people who will help them to achieve a good quality of life. Support activities that people enjoy include attending art groups, going to the gym, pedal power, attending community discos and attending day centres.
We are seeking a keen volunteer to help with activities such as biking, day trips, trips to the theatre, trips to the cinema, boat rides, visits to leisure centres and other places of interest.
Additional responsibilities may include supporting someone to maintain their home, researching new activities, assembling easy read information together to help individuals understand information being shared with them.
- Regular support from an on-site Volunteer Supervisor and the Volunteer Manager.
- Quarterly volunteer forums and volunteer celebration events.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (£5 cap per day) and lunch expenses if volunteering for over 5 hours.
- Substantial and specific training around social care and the specific needs of the people you are volunteering with.
- Opportunities to progress within Outward.
Apply for Activity Assistant and Befriender
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly