Chairperson for Nantwich & Rural Community Transport Service
This Role will forge the way for a local community transport service to provide better access to health appointments for those living in Nantwich and the Rural.
Duties will consist of:
o Leading the committee and the organisation to enable it to fulfil its purpose.
o To ensure an effective relationship between:
• the committee and the volunteers
• the committee and the external stakeholders/community
o Acting as a spokesperson and figurehead as appropriate.
o To support the coordinators
o Plan and prepare the committee meetings and the AGM with Secretary as appropriate.
o Chair committee meetings ensuring:
• A balance is struck between time-keeping and space for discussions.
• Business is dealt with and decisions made.
• Decisions, actions and deliberations are adequately minuted.
• The implementation of decisions is clearly assigned and monitored.
o Ensure that a successor is found before the term of office finishes.
o A willingness to lead the organisation
o Possesses tact, diplomacy and powers of persuasion.
o Possesses relevant knowledge
o Has the relevant skills to run a meeting well.