Collection Tin Coordinator Bristol
This role will be based out in your community (Bristol) and is a very flexible role based on your availability and interests. Specific details will be discussed when you first meet with us, and are outlined below.
How does the role make a difference?
Regional fundraising is at the very centre of how we raise vital funds at a local level. The money we raise funds the delivery of universal services that include our website and National Dementia Helpline, as well as the services we provide locally such as dementia cafes and Singing for the Brain®. It also helps to fund research into care for today and a cure for tomorrow, and our campaigning work.
What will I be doing?
In this role you will be helping to connect communities to Alzheimer’s Society by liaising with local businesses and organisations willing to host a collection tin. Part of your responsibility will be to collect these tins (hopefully full of donations!) and ensure we are able to bank the donations safely in order to reach more people affected by dementia. You will be part of our team building a rapport with organisations who can fundraise for us, working with the Community Fundraiser.
This is an ideal role for someone who has excellent communication skills, is friendly and approachable and who is comfortable using their own initiative as well as working with others. Smiles and passion will go a long way in this role!
With the support of your Community Fundraiser you may be involved in tasks such as :
- Contacting and creating relationships with businesses in your local community to place collecting tins in various premises e.g. supermarkets, shopping/garden centres and cafés with premises permission
- Liaise with your local Community Fundraiser to ensure you have the necessary materials e.g. collection tins, documentation
- Keeping accurate records for the Community Fundraiser in line with data protection guidelines
- Ensuring monies raised are either given to the local Alzheimer’s Society office for banking and thanking or banked directly following community banking procedures
- Keeping sites informed of other Alzheimer’s Society activities
- Collecting used tins and maintaining them
What do I have to do before I can start?
Before you start, you will need to complete a registration form and provide two references.
We will then invite you for an informal interview with your local Community Fundraiser.
How will I be supported during my volunteering?
You will receive training to start your role and will have a dedicated role manger to support you. We will reimburse reasonable travel expenses.
Responsible to/local support:
Your local Community Fundraiser
What’s in it for you?
- Gain new skills
- Meet new people
- References for future employers
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities including e-learning and face to face training
- Opportunity to become a Dementia Friend
- Opportunity to support the work of Alzheimer’s Society
Gain peer to peer support through local volunteering network events
Apply for Collection Tin Coordinator Bristol
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly