A bit about this role
Have you ever canoed across the Zambezi or abseiled down the side of a hotel? You don’t have to be a dare devil to help raise much needed cash for the kitty! If you like to keep your feet firmly on the ground why not use your spare time to help support our events team. Your administrative and organisational skills will help our supporters have a once in a lifetime fundraising experience. You will also help raise funds for cats in need and you will become a key member of our passionate team at Cats Protection.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Ensuring event related information is accurately recorded
- Responding to enquiries from the team and general public
- Developing and implement marketing plans
- Sourcing, filing, printing and restocking fundraising resources
- Compiling and posting registration and information packs
- Assisting with marketing and PR
- Keeping content on social media sites up to date and relevant,
- Various administration tasks such as monitoring different marketing streams, and contacting supporters
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by being a key part of our events team and helping raise vital funds for our feline friends in need. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of staff and volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Administrative and organisational skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Good Knowledge of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of project management
- A confident and outgoing approach
- Social media skills
- Previous experience in office administration (would be beneficial)
Our events administration volunteers usually spend 3 to 4 hours per week in this role. Based at our National Cat Centre in Chelwood Gate near Haywards Heath, the role is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.