Brislington Side by Side Volunteer
Why we need you:
Side by Side is our fun, friendly, flexible volunteering opportunity to enable people living with Dementia to keep doing the things they love and stay connected in their community. From watching the football to catching a movie, you’ll be helping people to keep on doing the things they enjoy – and try new things too.
This role will suit you if...
•Keen to participate in activities you share an interest in with a person with dementia to help them to keep doing the things they love – or pick up new ones!
•Wanting to support, enable and empower people with dementia
•Someone who is a good verbal communicator with great listening skills, especially face to face
•Someone happy volunteering on your own and keeping in touch with your team
•Can provide a committed, flexible approach
•A willingness to learn through face to face and online learning
Before you start…
To ensure the safety and security of people with dementia we ask for:
•Two references & proof of identity
•A commitment of at least 6 months
•Essential learning & training to be complete before starting in your role will take about two and a half days, mostly face to face but including some eLearning
•You may be asked to complete a DBS or Access NI check, in line with the DBS authority’s guidance. A criminal record will not necessarily stop you being able to carry out this role
What you can expect from us:
- Training, guidance and support to ensure safeguarding and service standards
- You’ll have a role manager who will support you throughout your journey with us
- Out of pocket expenses (e.g. travel) agreed before you start in line with our policy
- We’ll keep you up to date with relevant policies and procedures that apply to your role
- You’ll have access to our personal development framework for volunteers
Apply for Brislington Side by Side Volunteer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly