Working directly with the Country Manager and Head Financial Officer, you will be responsible for the effective management and reporting of all of the financial aspects of our operations in Mozambique.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- Minimum 2 years relevant accounting experience
- High proficiency in Excel
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to manage deadlines
- Able to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Business acumen and interest
- Analytical and problem-solving ability
- Experience using Quickbooks is desirable but not essential
- Day-to-day cash management and reconciliation
- Prepare, examine, and analyse accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy and completeness
- Perform monthly accounting activities including reconciliations of cash and bank accounts and reviewing financial reports/support as necessary
- Analyse and report on financial status and cashflow including communicating financial results to management
- Assisting department heads with various tasks, including preparing budgets and donor reports
- Improve systems and procedures and initiate corrective action
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Provide Excel training to Mozambican MMF employees
- Work directly with world class scientists, local teachers and international conservationists
- Be part of an exciting environment with carefully selected people from all over the world
- Assist us in achieveing our mission of saving threatened marine life using pioneering research, education and sustainable conservation solutions (see more of what we do at https://marinemegafaunafoundation.org/)
- Accommodation provided. Please note applicants must be comfortable in shared living arrangements with basic amenities. Tofo is a small beach town within a remote provincial area.
- Discounted diving and snorkeling with our local partners
- Travel and experience Africa
- Make a difference!
The project requires you to commit for a minimum amount of 3 months and a trial period will apply. Candidates must also be able to provide their own laptop computers to work on.
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com