Volunteer GCSE English Tutor
Would you like to help young people reach their full potential? Could you make a difference in a young person’s life?
In England, only 1 in 3 young people from the lowest income homes are able to get 5 A*-C grades at GCSE.
Many pupils from low-income households want to achieve better grades at school, get into top universities and gain access to competitive careers but too many of them lack the support they need to achieve these ambitions.
The GT Scholars programme is a not-for-profit social enterprise that tackles educational inequality by giving ambitious young people from disadvantaged backgrounds, the support, skills and strategies they need to achieve their academic and career ambitions.
We’re looking for volunteer tutors that can join us in improving the life chances of young people fromlow incomehomes.
If you are are an undergraduate or graduate, you could make a difference by joining us a volunteer tutor. As a volunteer tutor, you’ll need to:
- Have a passion for helping children and young people
- Provide online one-to-one tutoring support for 1 hour week
- Build pupil confidence in Maths, English or Science
- Have strong subject knowledge (confident enough to tutor up to GCSE)
- Work collaboratively with other tutors and mentors
- Have a minimum of an undergraduate degree or be working towards this
- Be able to commit to a minimum of 6 months (two terms)
- Must be willing to travel to London for document verification (once off)
Volunteer tutoring can be extremely rewarding and volunteers with GT Scholars benefit from:
- A flexible schedule - you can choose online tutoring hours to suit your schedule
- The chance to grow your contacts and meet like-minded volunteers
- The chance to make a real difference in the life of a young person.