Volunteer – Marketing / Social Media and PR
Community Recycle Cycles is a not-for-profit business based in the heart of one of the Crewe housing estates. We take in donations of bicycles and working with the support of a qualified cycle mechanic, young people and volunteers learn to repair and restore them for sale. The income generated from this work, services and repairs on customer’s bikes is used to maintain the work we do within the local community.
Hours during Wednesday to Saturday, 10am – 4pm
Minimum 6 hours per month negotiable
*There may be the ability to complete some tasks from home, rather than attending the Community Recycle Cycles premises for all the hours of volunteering.
• Work with Directors / Steering Group to support the creation and implementation of a marketing strategy for the business.
• Support event management.
• Support marketing activities and PR.
• Support liaison with local businesses.
• Using Social Media to support the development of the business and its aims.
This role could be combined with the Volunteer – Business Administration if desired and if the applicant has the relevant skills.
What’s In It For You:
• Have the opportunity to develop a range of activities that will help to promote the business.
• Opportunity to work within a small supportive team, making a difference to the local and wider community.
• Learn about working in a small community, not-for-profit business.
• Meeting and working with warm and friendly, like-minded people.
• Use of facilities to maintain and repair your own bicycle if desired / access to qualified staff.
Why We Want You:
• We want motivated and enthusiastic people who want to give back to the community.
• Supports the aims of this community based business.
• Interest in bicycles is not necessary but may be helpful.