Neutering Volunteer - Folkestone & Hythe Branch
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs.
Cats are at the centre of everything we do and our objectives are: homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care.
We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, staff and supporters.
At Cats Protection we passionately believe that neutering cats before they can breed is an essential part of cat ownership, and without neutering the UK’s cat population would quickly get out of control. Our neutering volunteers help spread positive neutering messages and make it easier for owners on low incomes to get their cats neutered. They help raise awareness of the benefits of neutering, promote our neutering schemes and respond to enquiries from members of the public.
As a Neutering Volunteer, you can expect to be:-
- Promoting the benefits of our neutering scheme
- Responding to enquiries about neutering (mainly by telephone)
- Supporting with issuing neutering vouchers
- Following up with vouchers to make sure they are used
- Ensuring all cats and kittens are neutered in line with Cats Protection policies and procedures
- Managing the online Neuterlog database
By volunteering in this role you will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping prevent unwanted cats and kittens by promoting our neutering scheme. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We are looking for someone with:-
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Record keeping and administration skills
- Experience of using databases
- Organisational skills
- Communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Access to a computer and the Internet
Our neutering volunteers usually spend between 2 to 4 hours a week in this role, which is flexible.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Apply for Neutering Volunteer - Folkestone & Hythe Branch
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly