Retail Training Programme Administrator volunteer
Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We are committed to ending homelessness.
Every day we see the devastating impact homelessness has on people’s lives. Every year we work side by side with thousands of homeless people, to help them rebuild their lives and leave homelessness behind for good.
Through our pioneering research into the causes and consequences of homelessness and the solutions to it, we know what it will take to end it.
Together with others who share our resolve, we bring our knowledge, experience and determination to campaign for the changes that will solve the homelessness crisis once and for all.
We bring together a unique volunteer effort each Christmas, to bring warmth, companionship and vital services to people at one of the hardest times of the year, and offer a starting point out of homelessness.
We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
Role outline and the difference you will make
The Enterprise Training (ET) team sits within the Enterprise department. One of our main areas of work is the provision of Crisis’ member (Service user) training programmes: The Café Training Programme & Retail Training Programme.
The Retail Training Programme runs in all 6 of the Shops from Crisis giving members the opportunity to gain skills, experience and a qualification to help them on their journey out of homelessness and beyond its effects. Shops from Crisis sell pre-loved clothes, books, homeware and furniture to raise vital funds for Crisis services.
The Retail training programme administrator role will play a key part with supporting the team in their delivery and development of the programme.
What you will gain
- An opportunity to be part of a friendly team who are committed to ending homelessness and the knowledge that your role is making a difference to our members lives
- A supportive environment in which to share your existing skills and develop new ones
- Access to support as and when required including relevant training and regular supervision with a designated supervisor
- Opportunity to gain experience of working with a major UK homeless charity
- A reference from a reputable organisation
- Lunch vouchers for Café from Crisis and off-peak travel expenses (within Greater London) reimbursed
Core tasks and what you will achieve
- Provide general administration support to the Enterprise Training Team
- Help to register members on designated databases for accreditation and distributing certificates
- Support with delivery of events and training sessions
- Liaising with the Shops teams
- Create, proofread and maintain documents using Microsoft 365
- Assist with internal communications – creating small articles and updates on the programme
- Maintain internal collaboration sites on Microsoft Office SharePoint
The skills and experience we are looking for
- Good communication skills (including telephone skills and written communication)
- Good administrative and organisational skills
- Proficient IT skills Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and the internet, including social media style platforms.
- Able to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality and maintaining boundaries
- Commitment to the vision and values of Crisis and an understanding of the issues surrounding homelessness.
- We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds, from people with disabilities and from people with lived experience of homelessness
All Crisis volunteers are asked to:
- Comply with Crisis policies including health and safety, data protection and code of conduct at all times
- To maintain the privacy and confidentiality of all accessible information about members and the organisation
- Be positive, productive and have the passion to help end homelessness