Volunteer Website Editor - Spelthorne
A bit about this role
Our volunteer website editors promote the activities of our local volunteer groups and teams by helping keep their websites relevant, exciting and engaging for members of the public. Local websites are often the first place members of the public will look to find out more about Cats Protection. A positive local profile can help raise funds, promote adopting a cat, promote neutering and make sure as many people as possible learn about feline welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Sourcing news and information for websites
- Communicating with other across Cats Protection
- Sourcing and updating information around rehoming, welfare, fundraising and volunteer recruitment
- Regularly updating and posting on your groups website
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by making sure your local volunteer group or team’s website is exciting, current and informative. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to communicate well with a range of people
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Good IT skills
- Editorial and photo editing skills (would be an advantage)
Our website editor volunteers usually spend 2 to 3 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.