Fundraising Events Organiser - East Surrey, Caterham & Redhill Branch
A bit about this role
As a charity we are able to help thousands of cats each year thanks to the generous donations we receive from members of the public. Our fundraising events organisers have the exciting and varied role of helping plan and deliver local fundraising events. They support a team of fundraising volunteers who come together to raise the vital funds needed to help our feline friends. Our fundraising events organisers use their passion for cats and people to plan cakes sales, barn dances, quiz nights – and everything in between!
What can you expect to be doing?
- Supporting and encouraging a team of fundraising volunteers
- Planning fundraising events and activities with your team
- Allocating tasks before and during fundraising events
- Keeping financial records from fundraising events
- Encouraging and promoting a professional image of Cats Protection
- Following policies and guidelines and ensuring licences and permits are obtained for events
A bit more information about this role and the team
We are looking for a Fundraising Organiser covering the Teignbridge area, The role involves arranging events and managing fundraising teams. The fundraising organiser will need to liaase with event organiser, organise Fundraisers before and during the event and be responsible for stock and any money collected at the event. Time varies depending on the event.
If you like meeting people and love to organise, then this could be the ideal role for you.
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping raise funds through events. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We're looking for someone with
- Good organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Leadership skills that bring out the best in others
- The ability to prioritise and delegate
- Experience of handling money
- Knowledge of local community networks
Our fundraising events organisers usually spend 3 to 4 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.