Volunteer welfare team leader - Spelthorne
A bit about this role
Without the passionate and committed teams volunteers across Cats Protection we wouldn’t be able to help the thousands of cats and kittens each year that rely on us for help. Our welfare team leaders have the important role of co-ordinating, encouraging and supporting teams of volunteer fosterers and cat care volunteers. They help make sure other volunteers with direct cat care roles are happy and confident and provide advice and guidance when needed. This incredible teamwork means we are able to help more cats and kittens in need.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Co-ordinating and supporting cat care volunteers and fosterers
- Making sure Cats Protection’s quality of care is provided to all cats
- Observing policies, procedures, minimum veterinary and cat care standards
- Keeping up to date records of cats in care and helping match cats to new homes
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by leading and supporting other volunteers in direct cat care roles. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Record keeping and administration skills
- A well organised and practical approach
- The ability to deal with sensitive situations
- The capability to bring out the best in others
The time expectation for this role will vary depending on the number of volunteers and cats in care. Our welfare team leaders usually spend between 10 to 12 hours per week in this role which flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Apply for Volunteer welfare team leader - Spelthorne
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly