Lost & Found Volunteer
A bit about this role
Unfortunately our feline friends can occasionally stray or get lost, which can be extremely distressing for their owners. Our lost and found volunteers are passionate about reuniting lost cats and bringing families back together. They help cats and their owners by advertising lost cats and providing support, advice and guidance to people searching for their cats.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Responding to enquiries from the public about lost and found cats
- Keeping up to date records of lost and founds cats
- Matching cats that are reported lost with those reported found
- Advertising lost and found cats
- Providing help and information to owners about their lost cats
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by helping reunite lost cats with their owners. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Record keeping and administration skills
- Good IT skills
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations
- Willingness to be part of a team
Our lost and found volunteers usually spend between 2 to 3 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.