Driving people to social groups using our vehicle or your own with business insurance. Make a difference to someone and get to know new people. Expenses paid.
Days and Times for the Opportunity: Tuesday AM, Friday AM
As a volunteer driver, your role is vital in making sure people can attend a social group. You will get to know regular people to transport to/from a social group at Overton House in Congleton. You can have use of our vehicle or use your own, if you have business insurance. Your role will include:
• Having a planned route to pick up/drop off a couple of people
• Getting to know your regular pick ups/drop offs
• Chatting to them about how they are
This is a great opportunity to make a real difference to someone’s life along with providing you with an opportunity to help someone whilst making new friends.
We will offer you
• A first class induction, training and support along with reimbursement of local travel expenses
• A reference to future prospective employers on request
• An opportunity to make a real difference to an individual on a one to one basis
• A chance for you to meet some new people and make new friendships
• An opportunity to join a friendly volunteering team
Is a DBS check required for this role?: Yes
Skills and Qualifications Required:
Full clean driving licence. Friendly, personable, chatty, reliable. Flexibility in hours, however likely days are a few hours on Tuesday/Friday. Full training providing.