Medical Supply Assistant
The Medical Supply Assistant volunteer position, part of the Supply Department, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest charity hospital ship.
Summary: Efficiently and accurately move product within the vessel under the direction of the Medical Inventory Controller. Ensure that documentation, labeling and placement of items within the storage areas is done accurately. Be responsible for movement/storage of product, unloading containers and recording key performance indicators such as stock movements, damage and usage. Ensure the stores areas & equipment is cleaned to standard on a daily/regular basis.
About the role: It takes a lot to run a hospital ship. Our Supply department is always working hard to ensure we have enough supplies, at the right time, and in the right quantities so we can continue bringing hope and healing.
- Previous logistics and/or warehousing experience is beneficial
- Strong organisational, planning, and problem solving skills
- Familiar with computer applications, databases, email
- Ability to lift 10kg regularly, up to 25kg occasionally, and work for prolonged periods of time standing
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively
Questions about this information? Send us an email: email@example.com or call 01438 347 480
We recommend all interested applicants to submit an application at least six months in advance of your target service date.
For more information about Mercy Ships UK, please visit www.mercyships.org.uk
Apply for Medical Supply Assistant
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly