The Sales Manager volunteer position, part of the Finance & Sales department, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest charity hospital ship.
Summary: Oversee the daily operations of Ship Shop, Gift Shop, Snack Bar, and Café & Sales Stores.
Trains and supervise Sales staff. Works with finances and is a people orientated position.
About the role: Did you know the Africa Mercy has a series of shops on-board? The Ship Shop, Snack Bar, and Cafe are all available to crew and guest to purchase needed supplies or an afternoon pick-me-up latte. Our sales staff manages each shop, making sure the crew has what they need to complete their work day. Or just wind down with some friends.
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Basic accounting skills required
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to lift 10kg regularly, up to 25kg occasionally, and carry this weight up and down stairs on a daily basis
- International Driver's Permit required
- Ability to communicate in a clear, responsive, and professional manner both verbally and in writing
- Clear criminal records check, background check required
Questions about this information? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 347 480.
We recommend all interested applicants to submit an application at least six months in advance of your target service date.
For more information about Mercy Ships UK, please visit www.mercyships.org.uk
Apply for Sales Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly