Operating Room Educator
Are you interested in coming with your family? This position may qualify for a family cabin on board! Please refer to the Family FAQs for more information.
Summary: Responsible for orientating new Operating Room staff and facilitating training of local Operating Room nurses.
About the role: With so many volunteers coming and going, it is the Operating Room Educator who is there to provide orientation to incoming OR staff, so that Mercy Ships can effectively and safely provide surgeries for those in need. This individual also furthers our capacity building work by facilitating training of local OR Nurses so they can carry on the work of safe surgery long after we leave port.
The Operating Room Educator volunteer position, part of the Surgical team, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest non-governmental hospital ship.
- Mercy Ships alumni required
- Current/active license as a Registered Nurse RN (or its International Equivalent)
- Minimum of five years of Operating Room Nurse experience required
- Preferable Operating Room teaching/educator experience
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office programs beneficial
- Written and oral fluency in English required
- Successful completion of On Boarding program
Questions about this information? Send us an email: email@example.com or call 01438 347 480
We recommend all interested applicants to submit an application at least six months in advance of your target service date.
For more about Mercy Ships UK, please visit www.mercyships.org.uk