Sterile Services Technician
Summary: Clean and sterilize surgical instruments and medical equipment. Maintain inventory as directed by the Operating Room Manager.
About the role: The Operating Room Team is why our patients travel tens and hundreds of miles to see us. The OR Sterilising team are there to ensure Mercy Ships can provide safe surgeries in clean spaces with sterile tools.
The Sterile Services Technician volunteer position, part of the Sterile Processing team in the Operating Room (OR) Department, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest non-governmental hospital ship.
- Current active Central Sterilizer Technician License (or international equivalent) in home country desired, but not mandatory
- Minimum two years of experience within a central sterilizing department, hospital-based or day surgical center
- Previous experience with sterile supplies and knowledge of universal precautions required
- Scrub Technicians and Nurses are eligible to work in the sterilizing department if a minimum of two years experience is met
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Lift 30 lbs. to shoulder
- Clean ceiling, floors, and walls
- Able to stand for long periods for time
- Able to work in a fast paced, noisy, and hot environment
- Able to respond quickly to the needs of the operating rooms
- Able to work cross culturally
- Able to be exposed to a variety of chemicals/not chemical sensitivity
Questions about this information? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 347 480
We recommend all interested applicants to submit an application at least six months in advance of your target service date.
For more about Mercy Ships UK, please visit www.mercyships.org.uk