IT Systems Administrator
Are you interested in coming with your family? This position may qualify for a family cabin on board. Get in touch today to find out more!
Summary: Collaborates in the design of new Information Technology infrastructure solutions and participates in the implementation and testing of the approved solutions. Once the infrastructure solutions are implemented, the Systems Administrator provides on-going support and maintenance.
About the role: On a modern hospital ship, there is plenty of technology to go around. Whether it be a business system, a crew member's personal device, or the audio/visual equipment - the Information Services team will be there, ready to help.
The IT Systems Administrator volunteer position, part of the Information Services department, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest non-governmental hospital ship
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or computer science, or the equivalent combination of education and experience is preferred
- Knowledge of ITIL incident and problem resolution methodologies
- Up to date working knowledge of the monitoring and maintenance of:
- Cisco network technology (including LANs, WANs, and VPNs)
- Microsoft Windows Server and RedHat Enterprise Linux operating systems
- Virtualization technologies including enterprise VMWare
- Storage technologies including enterprise SANs
- Directory solutions such as Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange 2010
- At least five years of relevant work experience is required, preferably in enterprise IT environment
Questions about this information? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 347 480
We recommend all interested applicants to submit an application at least six months in advance of your target service date.
For more about Mercy Ships UK, please visit www.mercyships.org.uk
Apply for IT Systems Administrator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly