Are you interested in coming with your family? This position qualifies for a family cabin on board! Get in touch today to find out more!
The HR Director volunteer position, part of the Human Resources department, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest charity hospital ship.
Summary: Responsible for developing and managing a strong HR team on-board that provides excellent support to the crew in the areas of HR policies & procedures, and career development in a friendly and professional way.
About the role: With over 1200 volunteers serving each field service, our Human Resources team on board has a lot of balls to juggle. They work to assist crew with transfers, commitment changes, ensure all crew are working within our policies and protocol, and so much more.
- At least three years' experience in Human Resources or related field (experience in working in a cross-cultural environment preferred)
- Previous management experience required
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Highly detailed
- Ability to think ahead, plan ahead, forecast changes, needs, problems, etc.
- Ability to learn and work within custom systems and applications
- Strong computer skills including mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to speak, read, write, and understand English effectively
- French language fluency desirable
Questions about this information? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 347 480
We recommend all interested applicants to submit an application at least six months in advance of your target service date.
For more about Mercy Ships UK, please visit www.mercyships.org.uk