Are you interested in coming with your family? This position qualifies for a family cabin on board!
Get in touch today to find out more!
The Chief Engineer volunteer position, part of the Engineering department, will be located on the Africa Mercy, the world's largest charity hospital ship.
Summary: Head of the engineering department and responsible to the Master for administration, supervision, and safe and economical operation of the Engineering department.
About the role: The maritime volunteers on-board the Africa Mercy are a vital part to making it possible to bring hope and healing to the people of Africa. If you have spent your career on the sea and want to use those skills to make a positive change in the lives of others, our ship could be your next great adventure!
About you: (we can help you obtain or update certain certificates if necessary)
- Certificate of Competency in accordance with STCW A-III/2 (recognized by Malta)
- Valid Security Awareness certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/6
- Valid Crowd Management certificate in accordance with STCW A-V/2-1
- Valid Crisis Management and Human Behaviour certificate in accordance with STCW A-V/2-3
- Valid Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/2
- Valid Advanced Firefighting certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/3
- Valid Medical First Aid certificate in accordance with STCW A-VI/4-1
- Valid Malta Flag State Endorsement (can be obtained on board)
- Valid I/9 Medical Certificate (can be obtained on board)
- 12 months sea time as Second Engineer
- Ability to speak and understand English effectively
Questions about this information? Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01438 347 480
We recommend all interested applicants to submit an application six months in advance of your target service date.
For more about Mercy Ships UK, please visit www.mercyships.org.uk
Apply for Chief Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly