Cat Care Volunteer
A bit about this role
Across Cats Protection our feline friends looking for new homes are cared for either at our adoption centres, by volunteer fosterers in their own homes or in purpose built pens in their gardens. Our cat care volunteers are part of a passionate team that look after and meet the needs of cats whilst they are in our care. This is an exciting role for cat lovers, as our cat care volunteers get to spend time directly with the cats when cleaning their pens, helping with feeding and when enriching their lives before they find their forever homes.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Cleaning the living environments of the cats in care
- Grooming cats and helping with feeding
- Enriching each cats experience in care through play, exercise and handling
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in need by helping care for them before they find their forever homes. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- Patience, perseverance and empathy
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Good interpersonal and observational skills
Cat care volunteers usually spend 2 to 3 hours a week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.