Community Engagement Officer
1 day left
- Long Term
To work with Healthwatch East Riding of Yorkshire (HWERY) to operate in either single community areas within the East Riding, or across a number of communities in the East Riding, or with communities of interest (e.g. children and young people, BME Groups, the elderly, etc.) To support individuals, families or whole communities, and empower them to:
- Identify their needs, opportunities, rights and responsibilities;
- Contribute to and influence local health and social care commissioning and delivery;
- Develop activities and services to improve their lives.
- To publicise and promote Healthwatch
Main tasks may include:
- Assisting with drop in and outreach sessions ,roadshows and other events and information stalls
- Attending other events as needed to promote the services of Healthwatch.
- Making sure Healthwatch promotional materials are advertised in the local area i.e. posters and leaflets.
- Keeping up to date with groups and events within your local area and sharing this information with HWERY staff team.
- Encouraging local people to sign up to HWERY and also to distribute and ask people to complete surveys for HWERY
- Being responsible for ensuring that your local area is updated about the developments within HWERY by liaising with other HWERY volunteers and the staff team.
- Gathering views from friends and family and local residents, with particular efforts made to engage with “seldom heard” groups.
- Encouraging other members of the public to volunteer with Healthwatch.
Skills and Qualities Required
- Ability to verbally communicate effectively
- Ability to engage with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Good listening skills
- Ability to work with and on behalf of people from all backgrounds in a positive and supportive manner
- Outgoing, friendly and approachable personality.
Apply for Community Engagement Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly