Enter & View Representative
To assist Healthwatch East Riding of Yorkshire (HWERY) to gather information by undertaking Enter & View visits to Health and Social Care premises. Enter and View is not an inspection but instead involves authorised representatives entering settings where health and social care services are conducted, talking to patients, their families/carers and also staff in order to find out their views and experiences and to observe how well services are being delivered.
Main tasks may include:
- Undertaking Enter and View training delivered by HWERY staff team as and when required
- Undertaking any other specialist Health and Social care related training that is considered necessary to the carrying out of your role by the HWERY staff team.
- Reading information provided before the Enter & View visit and ensuring you are clear about the purpose of the visit.
- Visiting health and social care premises to find out how services are provided
- Speaking with the Home/Service Manager or their representative and collecting information and evidence at the point of service delivery.
- Collecting the views of service users (patients and residents), and their carers’ and relatives.
- Reporting findings in an evidenced-based and strictly factual format, e.g. “the floor was sticky and there was an odour of urine”, rather than “the home was dirty and smelly”.
- Reporting back to the staff team the findings of the visit (usually via a written report), and clarifying with the staff team any inconsistencies, ensuring it is a true reflection of what was observed in the visit and that the report is relevant to the underlying purpose of the visit.
- Contributing to the formation of insights and recommendations for inclusion in Enter and View Reports
- Following all of HWERY policies and procedures.
- Participating in and contributing to team meetings.
- Sharing with other team members’ previous experience, skills and knowledge, which may be relevant to the team in providing its service.
- Being supportive, respectful and empathetic to colleagues and service users.
- Always being prepared to be an ambassador for HWERY in whatever capacity you find yourself, hence ensure your actions and attitude are always presented professionally.
Volunteers will receive:
- Reimbursement of reasonable out of pocket travel expenses (receipts required)
- Training to be able to carry out the tasks
- Support and supervision
Apply for Enter & View Representative
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly