Re-homing Team Leader Volunteer - Central Aberdeen Branch
A bit about this role
At Cats Protection we will continue to find new homes for cats and kittens in need until our work around information, education and neutering reduces the long-term need for homing. Life in a rescue environment is never ideal for any cat compared to a loving home. Our rehoming team leaders support a team of volunteer home visitors who collectively play an important part in matching our feline friends with their new families.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Being the first point of contact for home visitor volunteers
- Advising and answering questions from volunteer home visitors
- Responding to rehoming enquiries
- Matching cats with new homes in line with Cats Protection policies and procedures
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by supporting a wider team of volunteer home visitors in their roles. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Basic knowledge of cats and cat care
- An appreciation of suitable homing environments
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Record keeping and administration skills
- Patience and the ability to deal with sensitive situations
- Willingness to be part of a team
- The ability to bring out the best in others
The rehoming team leader role is vital within our busy volunteer groups and centres. Our current volunteers spend around 10 to 12 hours per week in this flexible role, which can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.