A bit about this role
As a charity we rely on funds donated by generous members of the public to continue to help cats and kittens in need. Our fundraising volunteers are part of a passionate team that help raise funds to help our feline friends in need. They help plan and deliver exciting and varied fundraising events, which can be anything from craft fairs, cake sales, sponsored abseils – and anything in between!
What can you expect to be doing?
- Helping organise fundraising events in your local area
- Sharing fundraising ideas with other volunteers and putting these into practice
- Sharing your passion for cat welfare and promoting Cats Protection
- Promoting National fundraising initiatives where appropriate
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and help raise funds that will make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens in need. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Good communication skills
- Confidence in handling money
- Willingness to be part of a team
- Confidence in speaking to members of the public
- Knowledge of local community networks (would be an advantage)
Our fundraising volunteers usually spend 2 to 3 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.