A bit about this role
Social media and cats go hand in hand, and our social media volunteers use their passion and knowledge of social media to promote the activities of local volunteer groups and teams though various channels. This is a volunteer role that can be done from home, on the train or even from the sofa! Our social media volunteers directly help our feline friends by helping raise awareness of Cats Protection. A higher profile can help us raise the funds we need for our work, ensure people know they can adopt a cat from us, help promote neutering and help as many people as possible learn more about feline welfare.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Promoting the work of Cats Protection through various social media channels
- Preparing content to share via social media
- Gathering information around; rehoming, neutering, welfare, fundraising and volunteer recruitment to share on social media
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by raising the profile of Cats Protection through social media. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- A passion for social media and experience of social networking
- Knowledge of the advantages and disadvantages of using social media
- Experience of using IT
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Willingness to be part of a team
Our social media volunteers usually spend 2 to 3 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.