Branch Team Leader - Esher
Cats Protection is the UK’s leading feline welfare charity and our vision is a world where every cat is treated with kindness and an understanding of its needs. Cats are at the centre of everything we do and our objectives are: homing, neutering and educating people about cats and their care. We help thousands of cats across the UK each year thanks to our network of dedicated volunteers, staff and supporters.
A bit about this role
The importance of volunteers to Cats Protection cannot be overestimated. We are only able to help thousands of cats and kittens each year due to the efforts of our passionate volunteers who willingly give up their time and expertise to help our feline friends in need. Our branch team leaders support volunteer groups in regards to all aspects of their roles, making make sure our volunteers are happy, confident and supported in their roles.
What can you expect to be doing?
- Delegating activities to volunteers
- Supporting and managing volunteers
- Acting as an ambassador for Cats Protection
- Collaborating with your Regional Development Manager (RDM) to plan volunteer activity
- Helping your volunteer group comply with policies and guidelines
- Monitoring expenditure and helping ensure long term financial stability of the volunteer group
- Organising and chairing team meetings
What are the benefits to you and the cats?
You will develop new skills, expand your knowledge and make a significant contribution to improving the lives of cats and kittens by supporting other volunteers in their roles. You will also meet new people, make new friends and be part of a dedicated team of volunteers.
We’re looking for someone with
- Experience of managing people
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to prioritise and delegate tasks
- Excellent communication skills
- Patience and diplomacy
- Good IT skills
Our branch volunteer leaders usually spend 3 to 5 hours per week in this role, which is flexible and can be shared by more than one volunteer if needed.
At Cats Protection we believe our volunteers should be happy and confident in their roles. To make sure this is the case, we provide support and guidance both remotely from our National Cat Centre and face to face through our regional and local volunteer groups and teams. We also offer varied online and face to face training and have wide-ranging policies covering all aspects of volunteering. We hope the support we provide will ensure our volunteers have a great experience with Cats Protection.
Apply for Branch Team Leader - Esher
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly