RNIB Children and Young Peoples Activities and Events Volunteer - Scotland
Type of opportunity - Children, Young People and Families
Opportunity - 4913
We need confident, energetic volunteers to support children and young people with sight loss and sometimes additional support needs.
This might be on both an individual and group basis at events and activities including summer camps, leisure, sport and fun educational events.
Due to the nature of this role volunteers need to be over 18.
Region - Scotland
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information - Various locations around Scotland
What you will be doing?
- Support children and young people
- Provide support in running activities
- Support with activities and meal times
- One to one support and guiding
Some volunteers may be asked to be First Aiders - training would be provided.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Communicate at a variety of levels
- Enthusiasm, confidence and patience
- Good communication skills
- Understanding of high standard of safety
- Understand need for confidentiality
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
How often will I be needed - 7 hours Per Event
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme (Children and Adults).
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.