RNIB Community Events Volunteer - Edinburgh & Lothians
Type of opportunity - Advice, information and support
Opportunity - 4960
Do you speak Urdu, Punjabi, Chinese or Polish, in addition to English? Do you enjoy meeting people?
We need you to join us at ethnic minority events and help us provide information on the importance of Eye Health.
You will be required to help out at information stalls, Eye Health presentations and help with sight screening sessions.
Region - Scotland
Where based - Your Local Area
Additional location information - Edinburgh and the Lothians: in the local area.
What you will be doing?
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Create a friendly welcome
- Providing sight and hearing health information on RNIB & Deaf Action services mainly at local events and venues.
- Working within ethnic minority communities by liaising with community groups
- Helping to organise and assisting with sensory events.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Experience of working with people
- Helpful and understanding manner
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
How often will I be needed - 2 hours Per Event
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.