RNIB Complementary Therapist - Kirkcaldy
Type of opportunity - Advice, information and support
Opportunity - 4968
Are you friendly and outgoing and a suitably qualified therapist who can offer complementary therapies to adults who have a learning disability and sight loss?
We are looking for someone to join our specialist team to provide tactile and olfactory stimulation and relaxation therapies to people who attend our Sensory Impairment Centre
Region - Scotland
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - VILD Services, Fife Sensory Impairment Centre, Wilson Avenue, Kirkcaldy, Fife. KY2 5EF
What you will be doing?
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Making appropriate contributions
- Help set up and run activities
You must hold a recognised qualification in the therapy being offered, be a member of the appropriate professional body, and have your own indemnity insurance cover.
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to communicate clearly
- A caring and friendly nature
- A natural empathy with people
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience in a care setting
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
How often will I be needed - 4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme (Adults).
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.