RNIB County Steering Group Volunteer - Swansea
Type of opportunity - Advice, information and support
Opportunity - 4975
Are you affected by sight loss? Would you like the opportunity to attend Steering Group Meetings to network and discuss issues affecting you and others with sight loss in the county?
We are looking for volunteers to attend these meetings to share ideas and be part of the decision making process to help develop and improve services for blind and partially sighted people.
Region - Wales
Where based - Your Local Area Additional location information - Meetings are held in various locations in the Swansea area
What you will be doing?
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Listen to Talk and Support group talks
- Making appropriate contributions
- Create a friendly welcome
What skills and experience are needed?
- Ability to communicate clearly
- Ability to listen
- Ability to use your own initiative
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
- Work with people with sight loss
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 4 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role does not require a criminal record check
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.