RNIB Day Service Assistant
Type of opportunity - Advice, information and support
Opportunity - 4992
Are you interested in building self-confidence in people with sight loss and learning difficulties by giving them the chance to develop independent living skills and gain new experiences?
We need you to provide sighted guiding and support and help us with general tasks and group activities.
Region - Scotland
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - VILD Services, Fife Sensory Impairment Centre, Wilson Avenue, Kirkcaldy, Fife. KY2 5EF
What you will be doing?
- Respond to questions and concerns
- Listen to Talk and Support group talks
- Create a friendly welcome
What skills and experience are needed?
- Experience of working with people
- Good communication skills
- Good Interpersonal Skills
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Work with a variety of people
- New experiences and skills
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
How often will I be needed - 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires membership of the PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme (Adults).
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.