Type of opportunity - Practical Support
Opportunity - 5000
Would you like to help older blind and partially sighted people in your community? Do you enjoy driving and meeting new people? RNIB wants you to be a Volunteer Driver.
For the people they help, our volunteer drivers provide a friendly face and that personal touch to brighten their day and help get them to where they need to be.
Our drivers can become a regular part of someone’s life and for some their journeys together may be the only chance an RNIB customer has had to get out of their home for some time.
If you are friendly, courteous and reliable then this is the opportunity for you.
Region - South West
Where based - On Site
Additional location information - RNIB Kathleen Chambers House, 97 Berrow Road, Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset, TA8 2PG
What you will be doing?
- Drive to activities and events
- Assisting passengers in and out of vehicle
- Driving a car or minibus
What skills and experience are needed?
- Good Interpersonal Skills
- Reliability, enthusiasm and patience
- Willingness to work as part of a team
What will you gain from the role?
- A chance to make a difference
- Experience in a care setting
- Work with a variety of people
- Meeting new people
What support will be given?
- Understanding Sight Loss Pack
- Supervision and help from your Manager
- Training as appropriate
When will you be needed - Flexible
How often will I be needed - 3 hours Per Week
Criminal Record Check Information - This role requires an enhanced criminal record check
Are driving license and vehicle check required - Yes
Apply now or register your interest to find out more.